PLR International Conference in Warsaw September 2022
Registration now open, register here!*
PLR International is proud to announce its international conference, to be held for the first time since 2019, will be held in Warsaw on 14-16 September 2022, hosted by Copyright Polska.
The conference program, which will be published here shortly, includes sessions on:
• the impact of measures, such as library and bookshop closures, to combat the Covid – 19 pandemic on PLR systems around the world,
• a review of PLR developments in Europe, both within the European Union and in Europe more generally,
• updates on campaigns to implement PLR in countries around the world, including in South Korea, South Africa and Latin America
• a discussion of the practical challenges in implementing a new PLR system, once the legislation has been passed,
• an exploration of who gets paid, and why PLR systems differ,
• a discussion of the economics of the e-book market in libraries
The conference provides a great opportunity for author and publisher representatives, librarians, government and PLR administrators to learn more about PLR, to network with colleagues and to hear about new initiatives within PLR across the globe.
The fee to register for the event, including attendance at the welcome cocktail and the Conference Dinner is €200. The fee for accompanying persons to also attend the Conference Dinner is €100.
Financial assistance, including assistance with travel and accommodation as well as the registration fee may be available to eligible participants. If you would like to enquire whether you might be eligible for assistance please contact PLR International at email@example.com.
* Registration closes on 31 August.
If you would like to join the PLR international mailing list for the conference please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jazdów Str. 2, 00–467 Warsaw, Poland
The Laboratory Building
Official information about COVID:
Official information on COVID and rules for entry to Poland can be found here.
We have signed an agreement with the Regent Warsaw Hotel for a special conference rate. You may use the following information to reserve accommodation.
The rate per night and per person in single room is 475,2 Poland złoty (101,34 Euro**), includes breakfast and wi-fi, excels 8% VAT.
Reservations at the special rate can be made for the period 14 – 17 September.
To reserve please use the dedicated link for reservations (valid until 01/09/2022): http://bookings.ihotelier.com/bookings.jsp?groupID=3498155&hotelID=96217
**Currency exchange of 20 June.
Getting to the recommended hotel from the airport:
For directions from the recommended hotel to the conference venue, see Google map here
The Secretariat recommends that attendees traveling to Warsaw for the meetings should obtain travel insurance with a COVID clause.
Visit the official Tourist Website of Warsaw here.
Xe Currency Converter is availabe here.
You can consult the weather forecast for Warsaw here.
Photo: Ujazdowski Castle by Jakub Certowicz.